Identify your Destination
“Begin with the end in mind.”
Know your outcome. If you know where you are heading, it’s easier to see which road to travel. This is vision-setting. Remember, when setting your vision for your life…
- Focus on what MATTERS MOST to you. What do you value? What are you most passionate about?
- Focus on YOUR strengths.
“Always be a first-rate version of yourself instead of a second rate version of someone else.”Judy Garland
Drop Excess Baggage
If you know where you are going, you know what to bring with you. Drop the NOISE, CLUTTER, and DISTRACTIONS that fill your day. Distractions could be technology, habits, activities, and even people. Ask yourself,
- Will 2 hours of social media or TV each day lead me closer to my goal?
- Does this certain activity contribute to my overall agenda for success? Or is it just another time filler?
- Are the relationships I have lifting me up? Or dragging me down?
Use Adequate and Relevant Information
You don’t need to know everything to get going. Often, the feeling of inadequacy paralyzes you from moving forward.
Get those thoughts out of your head. What do you already know that you can use RIGHT NOW to move forward? The important thing is to move closer to the goal, one step at a time. Then as you continue the journey, gather more information that is essential to reaching the destination. How?
- Read good books
- Listen to podcasts or watch educational shows
- Get a mentor or a coach
Finally, don’t forget to pray and energize your soul through reading the Word of our All-Knowing God.
“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.”Psalm 119:105
LET’S SPREAD THE GOODNESS!
1. Smith, Scott, host. “Simplify With Adequate Information by Daily
Boost.” Daily Coaching and Motivation, 30 Jul. 2019.
2. Maxwell, John. Your Road Map For Success. Nashville, Tennessee, Thomas
Nelson, Inc., 1997.